SAN PEDRO SULA, HONDURAS.- The principles of sustainable food That is herbal are moreover friendly with the budget, because by favoring the consumption of foods from plant origin – not entirely excluding protein of animal origin, but if you choose them wisely – and by favoring seasonal ingredients and local production, you can create endless recipes nutritious and accessible.
To show these three that combine seafood with herbs, vegetables, roots and even fruits. Due to their ingredients and preparation, these options are suitable for diets pescetarian and flexitarian.
MANGO TUNA TOASTS
5 tablespoons of soy sauce
3 lemons, juice
1 orange, juice
320 grams of fresh tuna in cubes
2 radishes thinly sliced
READ: Three simple recipes with plant-based foods
½ cup cilantro leaves
1 mango, the pulp in cubes
2 cups arugula
1 avocado, pulp cubed
8 baked Sanissmo blue corn toasts with chia, flax seeds and rice
1 tablespoon of black sesame
1 tablespoon of white sesame seeds
Step by step
1. Mix the soy sauce with the citrus juices. Pour over the tuna and marinate in the refrigerator for 1/2 hour.
of them. Add the mango, radishes, coriander, arugula and avocado.
3. Arrange on toast and finish with sesame seeds.
Radish: Beneficial for liver and kidney health. Contains vitamin C, phosphorus and zinc.
PALM HEART AND FISH CEVICHE
320 grams of white fish in small cubes
½ cup lemon juice
4 hearts of palm, sliced
1 medium cucumber in half moons
¼ purple cabbage, julienned
¼ red onion, chopped
¾ cup unsweetened coconut cream
12 corn salmas
Step by step
1. Place the fish in a bowl add the lemon juice and a little salt. Reserve in the refrigerator for ½ hour.
of them. In another container, mix the hearts of palm, cucumber, cabbage and onion with the coconut cream and season. Integrate the two preparations.
3. Arrange the ceviche on the toast.
Red cabbage: It helps with digestion and blood sugar control, while providing antioxidants.
½ cup of water
3 tablespoons of white vinegar
½ red onion julienned
320 grams of raw, clean shrimp
¾ cup lemon juice
ALSO: Anti-anxiety foods
1 cup cilantro, washed and disinfected
2 cloves garlic finely chopped
1 fresh jalapeno pepper
½ serrano pepper
½ sliced cucumber
4 mushrooms, thinly sliced
1 avocado, pulp sliced
4 baked Sanissimo corn tostadas
Step by step
1. Combine water, vinegar and onion in a deep plate. Let stand 20 minutes and drain.
of them. Arrange the shrimp in a container, cover with ½ cup of lemon juice and refrigerate for ½ hour.
3. Mix remaining lemon juice with cilantro, garlic and chiles; season.
Four. Serve the prawns on a platter with some of the lemon, bathe with the green sauce and arrange the dried onion, mushrooms, cucumber and avocado on top.
5. Accompany with toast.
Coriander: Rich in calcium, it is an excellent ally against cholesterol, inflammation and helps detoxify the blood.
– The lemon does not cook, what happens when marinating these proteins in an acid medium is that the protein is denatured, which changes its texture and appearance.
– Always prefers marine products from sustainable fishing.
– If you are going to pack in the lunch box, the toasts go separately to maintain their texture.
– Preserve the cold chain is essential for food safety: keep it in the fridge or with reusable ice packs in an insulated lunch box.