If you are vegan, but do not want to give up the flavor and texture of a delicious Bolognese sauce, this recipe that we present to you on OneHowTo is perfect for you. On this occasion, we want to explain how to make textured vegan soy bolognesea healthy alternative, rich in protein and low in fat that has nothing to envy to the traditional Bolognese.
Learning how to prepare this sauce will help you complete your pasta dishes or make a lasagna. You want to know more? If the answer is yes, write down the following recipe, easy to do, without animal meatwith a high nutritional value Yes absolutely delicious. It will delight you!
Steps to follow:
Before you start cooking, place the textured soy in a bowl, add hot water and let the soybeans stand for about 20 minutes, estimated time for it to properly hydrate. After this time, drain it well and reserve it.
Learn more about the properties of soy in this other OneHowTo article on What are the benefits of soy.
To start making our Vegan Textured Soy Bolognese Sauce, you have to start by preparing the ingredients. Chop the onion in small dice, garlic clove Yes grate the carrot to keep it small.
Next sauté the onion, garlic and carrot in a pan with a little extra virgin olive oil, over medium heat, for 5 minutesor until ingredients are golden brown.
Once the vegetables are poached, add the spicesPairing: oregano, thyme and sweet paprika. Remember that some are optional and the quantity will be to taste.
Mix all the ingredients until they take on flavor then add the crushed tomato.
Let it boil for a few minutes and, if you choose add white wine, it will be time to take the net. The wine will give more flavor to the sauce.
Cook until the alcohol evaporates and you see the mixture stirring to avoid burning or sticking to the pan.
With the base of the sofrito ready, it will be time to add textured soy. Stir with a spoon so that it is well soaked with the main sauce.
Let all the ingredients for the vegan bolognese cook together for 10 minutesuntil the soybeans and the tomato cook and the sauce is well hydrated.
Before finishing cooking, Rectify with salt and pepper to taste.
Clever! In a few minutes you have your vegan textured soy bolognese ready to serve and enjoy. Accompany your pasta dishes, prepare delicious lasagna or keep the sauce as a good garnish for any vegetable that is worth it. Easy, fast, healthy and delicious!
If you want to learn more about vegan recipes, we recommend these two other OneHowTo articles on How to Make Veggie Nuggets and How to Make Vegan Brownies.
If you want to read more articles similar to How to Make Vegan Textured Soy Bolognesewe recommend entering our Recipes category.
- As a general rule, textured soy is hydrated, however, there are those who prefer not to soak it. Being a porous food, it has the ability to absorb flavors quickly, so on this occasion, when added to the tomato, it can swell naturally, without the need to add more water. This is an option if you don’t want to waste 20 minutes resting it.
- All species add flavor to the taste, you can use the ones you want the most. We opted for the basics, but you can also add others such as basil or even add a teaspoon of soy sauce to replace the salt. It’s just as delicious!
- For those who don’t like textured soy very much, you can try reversing the steps: brown the soy first a little before adding the tomato. The texture will look more like meat!
- To complete this delicious recipe, garnish your plate with vegan cheese… It will be irresistible!
- You can store the Textured Soy Bolognese Sauce by placing it in an airtight container and refrigerating for up to 4 or 5 days.