The pumpkin omelet recipe is excellent for combining the preparation of an omelet with vegetables. It’s a very healthy way to eat a dish that’s as traditional as it is appealing to most homes. To make it even tastier, potatoes are added, providing additional nutritional value to the recipe.
Beyond the properties that pumpkin contains and the health benefits it brings, its flavor is sweet and light, which is why you probably usually consume it in other preparations such as creams or baked. However, pumpkin is also excellent in an omelet combined with other vegetables like leeks. Discover how to make a pumpkin tortillathe necessary ingredients of the recipe and more details on the elaboration, in aHOWTO we recommend that you continue reading this article.
Steps to follow:
The first step in this pumpkin tortilla recipe is wash and finely chop the leek. Then light a fire and place a pan with a little oil on it. When it is warmed up, add the chopped leek to the pan for poachingbut without browning.
Once you have the poached leek, peel the potatoes and cut them into very thin slices.
Slice the pumpkin in several not too large pieces.
Add the potatoes and the pumpkin with the leek in the pan so that everything is cooked for several minutes, so that the potatoes and pumpkin are tender.
Beat the eggs and add them to the pan with the rest of the preparation. Mix all the ingredients and add a little salt so that the tortilla takes on the good taste, but without overdoing it because it could be very salty and spoil the final result of the recipe.
Use the same pan to return to add a little olive oil and mix for the omelet. Observe the state of the tortilla and, once you see that the edges are done, you return it finish cooking on the opposite side.
Check that the tortilla is cooked to your liking and, once it’s like that, it’s ready. Cut it into several pieces and serve it in small plates for all your guests.
Enjoy this pumpkin tortilla. You will see that it is a very simple, delicious and economical recipe, since it requires few ingredients to be able to carry it out and not all of them involve excessive expense. In addition, it is a very healthy alternative to eating tortillas because it includes tasty vegetables. In just half an hour you’ll have it done, so it’s a quick prep.
If you liked this pumpkin omelette recipe, we encourage you to discover other recipe ideas with pumpkin. If you want to try other omelet recipes, we recommend you try them on How to Make Artichoke Omelet and How to Make Zucchini Omelet.
If you want to read more articles similar to How to Make a Pumpkin Tortillawe recommend entering our Recipes category.
- To flip the tortilla in the pan without it falling and for it to cook well on both sides, on OneHOWTO, we recommend that you place a lid with a smooth surface that covers the pan. Thus, you will have a greater sense of security to return it, but in any case, you must perform the action with force and speed.
- Not sure what to eat pumpkin tortilla with? You can accompany it with a few slices of bread and a tomato and cheese salad.
- In addition to the pumpkin omelette with potatoes and leeks, you can also make it with other ingredients such as zucchini, pepper, carrot or ham. There are other variations of this recipe which, as you can see, is very versatile.
- If you want to make a pumpkin and cheese omelet, when you have removed all the ingredients after adding the beaten egg and salt, it’s time for you to add the grated cheese to the mixture.
- You can also prepare a pumpkin and onion omelette. All you need to do is add the chopped onion to the vegetable mixture before adding them to the pan with the egg.